I had no idea there was anything happening in September until I read the following article
What is wrong with the person that wrote this?
Things like this make me sad. Sad in the fact that I’m sure there are going to be many many people that take these words as fact; as if they are coming from a scientific basis… When in reality they are coming from the mouth (and hands) of the barely educated, half informed. So, I wanted to take a moment to simply correct some of the horrible and stupid mistakes found in the linked article.
So let’s go backwards here and just go ahead and correct some of the obvious scientific mistakes in the article. I’ll put them in list form:
- Saying “this year is Anno Lucis” is kind of a mute point. Anno Lucis is a dating system, which can date any Georgian calendar year.
- “CERN is celebrating their International Year of Light“.. False… This year is the International Year of Light, but it doesn’t have anything to do with CERN, they are just monopolizing on it to pitch one of their projects. a PR move, nothing more.
- “CERN, European Organization for Nuclear Research is located in Switzerland started back in 1954 on the Feast of Trumpets by 12 countries” WRONG. CERN was started by 22 countries on the 29th of September 1954.. So someone needs to learn how to better convert Jewish calendar dates to a Georgian calendar.
- “Within CERN there is the largest Hadron collider in the world. Three hundred miles beneath the surface”.. 300 miles below the surface?.. To date, the absolute farthest we’ve gone into the earth is around 12Km… No where near 300 miles. It’s an impossibility.
- “They were trying to find the “God particle” a particle that could hint at what happened at the beginning of time, space continuum.”.. WRONG.. The particle in question is called the Higgs Boson, and what they where trying to find is proof of the Higgs field. Nothing to do with the space-time continuum.
- ” Not only that but they want to know what dark matter is but what is dark matter? So there is matter – everything you can see, anti-matter – everything we can not se but is detectable and then there is dark matter – the material that makes up black holes.” WRONG.. Dark matter is theoretical matter that isn’t detectible with a telescope but is believed to make up the bulk of the universe.. Nothing to do with black holes. (google black holes and literally read for 5 minutes).
- “By the way a black hole theoretically the size of a pin would vaccum the entire Earth within it, in seconds, sounds like an awesome idea.” A black hole the size of a pin is an impossibility… and it would “vaccum” the entire earth?.. You are not grasping the correct usage of the word vacuum here.. HA
- “The Higgs boson or God particle) could one day be responsible for the destruction of the known universe.” WAAAYYY over simplification of what Hawking is trying to say. No, he is not saying that we would EVER be able to create a black hole that could destroy the world. It would take a LHC bigger than the size of the Earth.
- “A top boffin at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or “unknown unknowns” – for instance “an extra dimension” WRONG.. They are stating that we are on the verge of discovering interference from previously unknown particles.
The article gets progressivly painful to read after that.. I mean, if that wasn’t bad enough.
I want to know… How many people are actually going to read that article and accept it as fact? If you want to read this travesty check out the following link… But be careful, you might leave some of your brain cells on the page:
Well well well… It looks like the author of the aforementioned article was so embarrassed about their writings (musings, really) that they removed the entire article. That makes me happy. Happy that impressionable people wouldn’t be swayed to believe, for lack of a better term, horse shit. Thank you original article writer, for realizing your mistake and removing something that was helping in degrading the internet to the abyss of trash that it is well on it’s way of becoming.